Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wheels North Day 5

Yreka to Ashland.

Short day today, and a short post.

Whenever I'm out doing something out-doorsy, I seem to pine for another mode of conveyance. Out hiking a beautiful trail I will wish for my mountain bike, and other such.

So when Mt Shasta came into view today in all it's magnetic glory, I was wanting to peel off and go hike up.

Last time I saw Shasta it was at 75mph heading south on 5. This was much better, and I long for the day I'm looking down from the top.

Each days ride seems to bring something that marks it unique to this trip. Today it was riding on I-5. We were on for maybe 7 or 10 miles, and Histio must have some pull because for most of that we had our own lane!(construction) We veered off just in time for an epic, twisty descent into Ashland.

Nice

No comments: